As a social media & communications specialist you will be responsible for all content and expressions, both internally and externally. You do everything you can to inform and inspire our environment such as customers, patients and (future new) colleagues.
You will make a significant contribution to the visibility of our company and engagement with our (future) employees, our patients and customers, so that this strengthens our preferred position as an employer and business partner.
You use your networking skills to pick up relevant information from colleagues from different departments. You like to stay informed, stimulate colleagues with your knowledge and convert it into concrete actions or smart strategies. As a social media & communications specialist you prepare a content calendar and proactively write, edit and publish news and content; including on our website, social media, intranet and via newsletters.
The role requires extensive interaction with multiple internal and external stakeholders at multiple levels of our global organization. You are a clear team player.
• Identify communications and media opportunities in anticipation of (program) milestones and progress, and translate this into a (social) media calendar
• Team up with internal stakeholders (Board, Senior Leadership Team, Marketing & Sales, Human Resources) ensuring initiatives are effectively rolled out and fully localized
• Create well written content, ranging from brand stories, interviews, statements, to Q&A’s for the Board
• Plan and prepare communications events and releases
• Plan, organize and advice on content of Town Hall meetings in close collaboration with the CEO
• Further build and manage Synthon’s brand profile and presence, ensuring that messaging aligns with key business strategies
• Maintain complementary communications documentation such as style and social media guidelines
• Responsible for all corporate, internal and crisis communication and statements.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications (or similar)
• 5+ years of professional work history
• Demonstrable experience and knowledge in executing effective media campaigns and developing content
• The ability to create appropriate content for dissemination via press releases, social media, websites, and other distribution channels.
• Fluency in Dutch and English required; strong verbal and written communication skills
• Fluency in other languages highly preferred such as Spanish and Czech
You have a hands-on approach, excellent presentation and storytelling skills and someone who has the confidence, skills and curiosity to rethink communications and experiment with new approaches. You have strong interpersonal skills, you take initiative to learn and ability to work independently. You are self-motivated, action and detailed oriented. You have a collaborative mindset and love working with colleagues of many different disciplines, you have the ability to work with teams and individuals externally, as well as collaborate internally. Next to that you have the ability to work in a fast-paced and sometime unpredictable environment and you work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
We offer our employees a working environment in which trust, pride and joy play an important role and as such we have been acknowledged as a Great Place to Work® in 2017 and 2019. We understand our economic, social and environmental impact on the wider world. We care - for each other, for partners, for patients and for society at large. We support various educational initiatives and actively contribute to charitable causes and to the development of the communities worldwide to which we belong.
More specifically, we offer our employees:
• A professional, yet pleasant and informal working environment with short communication lines, focus on cooperation and appreciation of initiatives
• Competitive remuneration
• Good working conditions with attention to ergonomic support
• A keen eye on work/life balance, with the option to partly work from home
• A yearly outing with all colleagues and other inspiring company events.
Application and important dates
If you are interested in this part time (28 - max. 32 hours per week) position and you would like to join our company, we look forward to your application. You can apply via our website www.synthon.com/careers. Please send your application before 28 September 2021. The interviews will take place in week 40, October 2021.
For further information, please contact Saskia Hendrickx (HR), at tel. +31(0)24 37 27 700.